We are looking for a Senior/Middle Embedded Firmware Engineer for our Minsk office to assist in our continued growth and contribute to our future developments.
The successful candidate as a part of a local medium size team included into a big distributed client development team will actively participate in the design and development of new features and modules, debug of existing firmware code, hardware verification and performance tuning of next generation high performance storage device, working as a major contributor to our development efforts.
As a part of one of the Storage Industry leading communities, the candidate will drive innovation and technology. Experience in full product life-cycle development and excellent debugging skills are a ‘must have’ basis, skill in task effort estimation will be a highly desired addition.
Primary focus: Hardware Abstraction Layer (HAL) of the next-generation high-performance storage device based on industry leading non-volatile memory, high-speed interface and unique controller architecture.
As a part of the HAL firmware development team, you will participate in two projects: Storage Device Controller SoC Verification Firmware and Storage Device Production Firmware. Both projects share the same HAL interface and run on the same hardware.
The task pool includes design that requires deep understanding of hardware specifics, development of the new features and interfaces according to evolving requirements and developing industry standards, challenging debug tasks of existing firmware within unique controller architecture and features, and different aspects of performance tuning.
- Detailed design and firmware code development
- Performing effective analysis of functional issues or performance profiling with the firmware and hardware in test environments or target host systems
- Firmware testing and verification using different types of tests (unit, integration, etc.)
- Contribute to process improvements to ensure firmware quality and time-to-market
- Integration to full cycle development with continuous integration of deliverables
- Participate in peer design and code reviews
- Participate in meetings, trainings and client initiated work activities
- Training and mentoring junior team members
- Design documentation development
- Maintaining existing products
- Education: Computer Science, Computer Engineering Degree or a Technology Diploma with relevant industry experience
- Experience: 3+ years of firmware development on embedded platforms
- Solid C for embedded systems, including development of algorithms, data structures management, and implementation of highly optimized code
- Good understanding of firmware/software architecture and system component structuring
- Knowledge of ARM, Xtensa or equivalent embedded microcontroller architectures
- Experience with lab tools: JTAG/ICE debuggers, logic and protocol analyzers, etc.
- Experience in firmware development and verification, system failure analysis and problem solving
- Experience with embedded operating systems and concepts (i.e. RTOS)
- Experience with Unit / Functional / Integration Testing
- Strong failure analysis skills
- Experience in working with bug tracking tools (i.e. JIRA), version control systems (Git, Subversion) and peer review tools
- Experience in using GNU tools, open source libraries and open source programs
- Good English knowledge (speaking / reading / writing)
Additional experience that will constitute a plus:
- Experience with one or more of the following storage related technologies: NAND Flash/FTL, NVMe, SSD, SSHD
- Proficiency in C++
- Scripting Language Experience (Python preferred)
- Excellent communication skills
- Be action-oriented and organized
- Office located in the city center (Nemiga).
- English language courses with a native speaker in the office.
- Medical insurance.
- 5 additional paid days a year in case of illness without a sick leave.
- Purchase of professional literature.
- Sports compensation.
- Compensation of external training and certification.
- Flexible working schedule.
- Corporate events and trips.
If you feel that you are a great fit, please submit your CV.