We are looking for a Senior/Middle Embedded Firmware Engineer for our Minsk office to assist in our continued growth and contribute to our future developments.
Form a team to support a company who is creating their own SSD storage device, based on a third-party SSD controller and a third-party SDK base firmware.
We are looking for team members representing various specialties, including front-end (NVMe) and backend (Flash Translation Layer), experienced in low-level interfaces at the NAND level (Flash Management/Interface Layer) and the corresponding hardware modules on the SSD controller side (Hardware Abstraction Level), including encryption and internal data protection.
The team would be responsible for adapting and improving third-party SDK firmware in a significant manner (redesign, refactoring, enhancement and debugging of features and components) and development of new features to enhance and optimize the company's storage product.
- Participate with other firmware team members (local, and US-based) in development, integration, and debug of firmware for SSD products that are targeted to Industrial-Grade Data Center environments
- Design / development specific features, or specific components of larger features
- Manage local firmware changes using industry-standard software version control tools
- Debug / validate functionality and performance of features / components, using bench tests, integration tests, customer tests, etc
- Create, track, and close issue reports in a bug tracking tool
- Provide clear verbal and written status to management
- 2+ years of experience in design and development of embedded firmware for SSD storage products, preferably with direct experience in the Flash Translation Layer
- Proficiency in C programming
- Proficiency in embedded firmware debug techniques and tools (emulators, logic analyzers, etc.)
- Experience with one or more of the following storage related technologies: NVMe, FTL, FML, NAND Flash.
- Positive experience of building team-oriented development environment (prior experience of work as part of a geographically distributed team is highly desirable)
- Self-motivation, goal orientation, and ability to work in an environment with light management oversight
- Office located in the city center (Nemiga).
- English language courses with a native speaker in the office.
- Medical insurance.
- 5 additional paid days a year in case of illness without a sick leave.
- Purchase of professional literature.
- Sports compensation.
- Compensation of external training and certification.
- Flexible working schedule.
- Corporate events and trips.
If you feel that you are a great fit, please submit your CV.